Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 75

Thread: Democratic Primary?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member RaiderWahoo0105's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2004
    Posts
    625
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Democratic Primary?

    Go Wahoos!
    Go Mounties!
    [img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Democratic Primary?

    I'm not an Edwards basher...the Democratic party could do alot worse...Hillary or Kerry would be an absolute nightmare in office, not to mention Howard Dean. I don't like what he used to do in his professional life either but that was his job and apparently he did it pretty well. I think he is a pretty good guy...my biggest concern is he doesn't have a whole lot of support in his home state of North Carolina...that always triggers doubt for me because those are the people that know him best. I had the same problem with Al Gore in 2000. When voting in a national election one should always take a look at the nominee's home state and what kind of support they have...you will get a much better read on the candidate that way. That should play pretty well for Mark Warner if people take that approach. On the republican side that would also be a positive for Mitt Romney and Rudy Guiliani who are immensely popular in their respective states.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Democratic Primary?

    Long as they dont nominate Hillary I'm voting for the democrat, and if they do nominate Hillary I'm going Libertarian. I refuse to vote for Hillary Clinton, on an other note if the democrats lose this election the party might as well just fold. Our country is such bad shape right now that if you cant remove the republicans now you never will. I do look for some wild terror threats to come about along the summer of 08 and a big religous/moral push as well. Will it be enough to get the republicans over the top?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Democratic Primary?

    I will not vote for Hillary either. Only reason I would consider it, if she made Bill vice-president [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

    I fully expect something big like that too, maybe I'm just jaded...we'll probably catch Osama then.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Democratic Primary?

    [ QUOTE ]
    Long as they dont nominate Hillary I'm voting for the democrat, and if they do nominate Hillary I'm going Libertarian. I refuse to vote for Hillary Clinton, on an other note if the democrats lose this election the party might as well just fold. Our country is such bad shape right now that if you cant remove the republicans now you never will. I do look for some wild terror threats to come about along the summer of 08 and a big religous/moral push as well. Will it be enough to get the republicans over the top?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I hear so much negativity like we are in the worst shape in the history of the country right now...I know Iraq is a questionable deal and I don't fully condone or condemn it either way but other than gas prices what would you be referring to with all the gloom and doom? I just spoke with the main guy over VCEDA the other day and the coalfields are booming to the extent that there is more work than there is labor. That is a trend that isn't based solely in the coalfields...its going on throughout the nation but the coal boom is as significant as it has been in 30 years.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Democratic Primary?

    Edwards ran with Kerry. That proves he can't be much.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  7. #7
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Democratic Primary?

    Minimum wage hasn't been raised in years, college tuition is up over the board, scholarships for students have decreased, were in a war that makes no sense at all with Americans dying everyday for no reason, we've made little to no progress in capturing Osama, the price of prescribed drugs are outrageous, more and more Americans are living without insurance, need I say more? As I've said on here before as a 19 year old that works an average job and in college I'd be dumb to vote republican. I know several of my friends at college aren't coming back because of the reduction of grants/scholarships which in my opinion is a shame.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Democratic Primary?

    [ QUOTE ]
    Minimum wage hasn't been raised in years, college tuition is up over the board, scholarships for students have decreased, were in a war that makes no sense at all with Americans dying everyday for no reason, we've made little to no progress in capturing Osama, the price of prescribed drugs are outrageous, more and more Americans are living without insurance, need I say more? As I've said on here before as a 19 year old that works an average job and in college I'd be dumb to vote republican. I know several of my friends at college aren't coming back because of the reduction of grants/scholarships which in my opinion is a shame.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    4 more years
    4 more years.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Democratic Primary?

    [ QUOTE ]
    Minimum wage hasn't been raised in years, college tuition is up over the board, scholarships for students have decreased, were in a war that makes no sense at all with Americans dying everyday for no reason, we've made little to no progress in capturing Osama, the price of prescribed drugs are outrageous, more and more Americans are living without insurance, need I say more? As I've said on here before as a 19 year old that works an average job and in college I'd be dumb to vote republican. I know several of my friends at college aren't coming back because of the reduction of grants/scholarships which in my opinion is a shame.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Economic #'s are strong across the board...people are spending more and more...unemployment rates are nearing an all time low...small businesses are starting up on a daily basis...hundreds of Al-Queda operatives and terrorists from other organizations have been captured or killed including Zarqawi who had replaced Osama as the leader of Al-Queda...the latest terrorist plot was snuffed out in part due to Bush's NSA program which many liberal democrats wanted to get rid of and that would have costed us thousands of American lives...if you feel that Americans have died for no reason in Iraq then that is your opinion but I beg to differ. The only way to win the war against radical Islam is to advance freedom and democracy to those places where Islamic terrorist thrive. Freedom is not a gift from America to other countries but a gift granted from God to all of mankind. The 13 million Iraqi's who risked their lives to get out to the polls and vote once America helped them establish their democracy is proof of that. The rights of the people in places that have never had it is gaining steam and terrorist want to stop it. We can't let them...need I say more?

  10. #10
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Democratic Primary?

    Its important to remember the geographical factor.

    More than likely, either party wouldnt have a Prez/VP combo from the same region. If Edwards, say, was Dem Prez candidate, someone from the north would probably be his running mate.

    Also, the Party's would probably not run two candidates for president from the same region, much less the state. so i see something like Warner vs. Allen as unlikely.

    The Reps, should appeal to the moderates with someone like McCain, and solidify the southern religous base with maybe Allen as VP.

    The Dems, on the otherhand, will have to rely on more than just saying how bad things are; they need reasons and alternatives. Simply saying, "things are bad with the Reps" wont work, it sure didnt in 2004. Hilary would be suicide (too many mid-class men AND women resent her). Perhaps a Biden/Edwards ticket may be a good one (covers the north and south geographically).

    Regardless, things are definitly not the best they have ever been, tho important to remember not the worst. As Double-D said, if the democrats cant beat a party that has caused a few problems over the last 6 yrs, they need to do some serious re-evaluating.

    I'm not sure i buy into the theory that some "terror-speak" or breakthru on the terror front will be used by the Reps near election time. They dont need to. They'll try to make the dems look weak on defense and should accent the fact there hasnt been at attack in the US since 9/11.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •